Early Nanyang Airlines
Text / Wang Xiangmin (Moutai Fairy) Transferred from: Cultural Influence
Last week, I received a 1964 plane ticket for "Zhengzhou-Nanyang", and then consulted the information to learn about the early aviation industry in Nanyang.
In April 1934, Chiang Kai-shek stepped up the siege of the Revolutionary Base and fought the Red Army, ordering 13 airfields in Zhengzhou, Xinxiang, Anyang, Shangqiu, Xinyang, and Nanyang in Henan Province. Due to the need to occupy the famous gentry land, they were opposed. Therefore, the site was measured in the northern suburb of the county in October 1936. The villages of Fangyuan, Jade Emperor Temple and Pure Land were destroyed, and more than 20,000 migrant workers were levied. It took 9 months to build an area of 600,000 square meters.
In 1938, the Nanjing National Government ordered the expansion of the airport on the grounds of urgency and no delay. Extend the runway and expand the site by 600 acres. At the same time, airport auxiliary projects and auxiliary traffic roads will be built. There are hundreds of houses and weather stations. Later occupied by the Japanese. After the Japanese surrender, it was still used by the Kuomintang. In May 1948, the garrison Wang Lingyun's ministry organized migrant workers in order to curb the victory of the People's Liberation War and rebuilt the airport in three months.
Nanyang Shipping started in 1940, during the period of the Anti-Japanese War, military transport was frequent. After the fall of Nanyang, an air force was stationed at the airport and transported military supplies for the Japanese army through Japan's Huitong Airlines. In 1948, the C-46 and C-47 transport planes were used by the Civil Aviation Transport Team of the General Administration of Economic Affairs, China Airlines and the Central Airlines to transport materials for the Lingyang Department of the Nanyang Garrison. In early October of the same year, more than 200 tons of military supplies were airlifted to Nanyang for Wuhan.
After liberation, Nanyang Airport was under the management of the Nanyang Military Region. In October 1958, the Chinese private Nanyang Air Station was established. The deputy stationmaster Xue Fu and dispatcher, including 9 reporters, radio service, business, driver, etc., will be located in the north of Nanyang City, the runway of mud and gravel road surface and simple weather equipment airport repairs. The civil fixed route from Zhengzhou to Nanyang was opened, and it officially launched on December 29, 1958. The Nanyang-Zhengzhou route is the only one of the local sailing routes in Henan Province. It can reach all the navigable cities across the country via Zhengzhou transit. There are 6 scheduled flights every week for 18 yuan. At that time, Nanyang arrived in Zhengzhou by car, and then transferred to Zhengzhou in Xuchang. More than an hour by plane to Zhengzhou. However, there are restrictions on levels, otherwise they will not be reimbursed. Most of them are cadres, foreign guests and disaster relief and first-aid personnel. Because of business trips, few people go out at their own expense and there is no tourism.
After 1966, the 16th Chinese Civil Aviation Brigade entered Nanyang. In 1967, the old airport site was fenced with barbed wire, covering an area of 170,000 square meters. The remaining land is allocated to the Agricultural Research Institute of Nanyang and nearby villages. After that, the Guangzhou Civil Aviation Administration carried out the construction, converted the gravel road surface into an asphalt runway, and built barracks and dwellings, and used professional five aircraft to perform professional flights and regular flights from Zhengzhou to Nanyang.
From September 1969 to April 1970, Chen Qiyuan, deputy political commissar of the Eighteenth Division of the 13th Division of the Air Force, was responsible for rebuilding. The land was requisitioned over 130 acres, and the runway extended 300 meters north, with a total length of 1,538 meters. aircraft. In 1973, the oil depot was expanded and a navigation platform was built. In 1974, the Nanyang Air Station was transferred by the Civil Aviation Administration of Henan Province to the 16th Flying Brigade, and the station chief was held concurrently by Huang Jingwen, Deputy Chief of Staff of the 16th Flying Brigade. The runway pavement was overhauled twice in 1980 and 1987, and 3 cm thick asphalt concrete was added. In 1983, the Nanyang Air Station was cancelled, and its subordinate units were placed under the Navigation Division, Supply Division and Office of the 16th Flying Brigade. The tarmac was overhauled in 1985.
Nanyang Air Station has also undertaken professional flight missions. From August 3rd to 7th, 1975, the 16th flight corps dispatched all planes to air-dropped food, clothing, and life-saving equipment to more than 100 tons in Sheqi, Tanghe, Fangcheng and other counties in the flood-stricken area, and then flew to Suya, Henan The bridge reservoir is chemically disinfected to prevent the spread of the disease. The 1976 Tangshan earthquake sent an aircraft to transport the wounded. In 1979, the success of aerial seeding afforestation test in Lushi County, Henan Province. In 1980, nearly a million acres were planted by aerial seeding in Jingchuan, Neixiang, Nanzhao, and Tongbai, with good emergence and a conservation rate of about 40%. From 1966 to 1983, the aircraft flew 45,048 hours, accounting for 1/9 of the national civil aviation professional flight. The freight rate is the passenger and freight fare stipulated by the Civil Aviation of China in August 1951, 0.20 ~ 0.21 yuan per passenger kilometer along the line, and 0.31 per passenger kilometer on the non-rail line. It decreased by 12% from 1964 to 1966 and 28% from 1971. Revenue is below cost. Each round trip from Nanyang to Zhengzhou lost more than 1,000 yuan. Due to heavy professional flight missions and poor passenger efficiency, flights from Nanyang to Zhengzhou were suspended in the spring of 1988.
With the rapid development of economic construction and the expansion of opening to the outside world, the new airport was relocated to an open area east of Jiangying Village, Chayang Township, Nanyang County, and named Nanyang Jiangying Airport. The relocation project started on April 17, 1991, and was formally delivered for use after national acceptance on October 15, 1992. At the same time the old airport was closed and abolished.